Shapr3D needs your help: improve our App Store rating

From time to time you can help :slight_smile:

Unfortunately the App Store does not allow to prevent downloading Shapr3D to non-pro iPads, and that results lots of one star reviews, because people become disappointed when they see that modeling works on iPad Pro only, and give us one star reviews instantly.
So we would like to ask for your help: if you like Shapr, please go to the App Store and rate us or - even better - write a nice review. That would help a lot.

Here is the app store link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shapr3d/id1091675654?mt=8

1 Like

So if you guys could help us out with some reviews and ratings again, that would be great :slight_smile: You can give us a rating with every new version.

I’m on it! 5 stars coming up.

I must say I very happy you offered all the tools, except for export, for free. It took me a while to like the app, but that’s just because I was using it wrong. Once I understood your take on 3D it became very simple and powerful enough. I am now a subscriber. ( the 99 price also helped, 250 was a bit steep!)

Do you guys at least detect the iPad and warn users? Apple should really let you be iPad Pro only.

Andres

3 Likes

Unfortunately we can’t warn users, since Apple does not let us to do that (it would get us rejected from the App Store.) Bummer. :slight_smile: App Store needs some policy and technology updates :grin:

I would love to hear your story about what were your initial issues with the app, feedback on that would be priceless.

From time to time you can help :slight_smile:

Unfortunately the App Store does not allow to prevent downloading Shapr3D to non-pro iPads, and that results lots of one star reviews, because people become disappointed when they see that modeling works on iPad Pro only, and give us one star reviews instantly.
So we would like to ask for your help: if you like Shapr, please go to the App Store and rate us or - even better - write a nice review. That would help a lot.

Here is the app store link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shapr3d/id1091675654?mt=8

2 Likes

Seems like your star ratings are doing better. I wouldn’t worry too much. Someone serious about 3D will probably look past the silly one star ratings or reviews. It’s clear that this app is serious and the demo makes it a no brainer to make sure it runs.

Actually it does matter in app store search results :slight_smile:

Oh! So if people are just looking for a 3D modeler, you would not appear on the list with low ratings?

Yes. And it also affects the number of downloads.

5 stars And a few words from me is all ready there :+1:

2 Likes

Actually for every new version you can write a review or just give a 5 star rating… If you know what I mean :slight_smile: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shapr3d/id1091675654?mt=81

Done. 5 Stars. Excellent app.

2 Likes

We love you. Excellent user! <3

Happy to help… Just completed 5 stars and review! Hopefully it shows up soon because it didn’t show up right away after I did it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks guys, this really really helps a lot!

So this is what I have been talking about:

I would just calmly ask: why. Don’t. You. Read. Why. And what do you expect from this one star review? Do you think that we don’t make Shapr3D available on older iPads because we don’t want to? Do you think that we want to shoot ourselves in the foot by supporting only a fraction of the iPads?

And these reviews are killing the business, by making our rank lower in the App Store, and we can not even respond to them (yet).

Hey guys, again, we got a bunch of one star reviews because of the iPad Pro requirement :expressionless: It would be much appreciated if you could help us in this :frowning: