Since this mornings update

I have to re-login to shpr if I switch to my browser window and try to switch back on the tskbar

Win 11, version 5.331-xxx

Further, selecting all sketch elements with selection tool doesn’t allow/show extrude tool. Puts me into the move tool in sketch mode. Painstakingly, individually selecting every element 1 at a time, then I can extrude. Grrrrrr…

Oh and it gets worse. After rebooting, shapr no longer shows on task bar. Switching to this window to complain or minimizing shapr, causes no way back to shapr except to relaunch. :rofl: :joy: :smiling_face_with_tear: :cry:

Hi @Oregonerd,
Can you please share some more info about the case? The version of Shapr3D is clear, apart from that please let us know the device specs of the machine you are using and upload a screen recording of the issue.

We are checking the forum also, but if you don’t wish to share all these publicly, just open a support ticket using the link:
https://support.shapr3d.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I do have a 2 week hold on OS updates. 30 years of experience mandates it.

Device name DESKTOP-B3PRNMG
Processor Intel(R) Core™ i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB
Device ID C2A316B4-322E-441D-B6ED-BA08A4A43932
Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA189
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Pen and touch support with 10 touch points
Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎1/‎20/‎2023
OS build 22621.1413
Serial number 014621783653
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22639.1000.0

Shapr is notably missing in task bar. Further, jumping into my email or any other program causes having to login and launch again. There are a LOT of steps to logging these days.

And for the selection problem

Shows shapr running but not in taskbar

I am using Stardock’s Start 11. But wasn’t an issue prior to the update. Could be relevant.

All other running apps show in the taskbar as normal.

Last but not least, Shapr is running in the tasks but not the taskbar. Oh and yes, yes I do have 35 tabs running in Firefox but that is pretty normal for this ADHD Bozo. Squirrel! :rofl:

Thanks, I see three topics here that we need to address.

1. Login issue: Can you please send us a screen recording of this problem in a support ticket? It would help us reproduce and investigate the issue.

2. Taskbar: We have not checked Stardock Start, but according to their release logs they tend to release fixes quite frequently. Do you have the same issue after rebooting your device and disabling Stardock?

3. Selection: In the screenshot you uploaded, both lines and enclosed areas got selected. Extrusion of lines would result in surfaces that are not supported in Shapr3D at the moment. The given tool based on your selection is the Move/Rotate because it is one of the tools that can be applied to the entire selection. Did you use the Area Selection tool? If you use the tool frequently, please filter the selection to Faces only when selecting for extrusion.

I will try, but quite busy at the moment. Also noticed mousing up to top right, no close/minimize/maximise available anymore. I don’t “think” stardock is the issue… I will uninstall it and try it later today.
Start 11 makes the surface a better experience with win 11.

In your selection tool you can exclude faces, lines etc. Sorry my mistake. Just noticed it.