Spacemouse support for windows?

How can I select a rotation point, with my 3Dconnection mouse, on a model, that will stay stationary when I rotate the screen model? I’ve had this facility in other CAD programs

Unfortunately it is not yet implemented in Shapr3D, we select the centerpoint of the rotation automatically. We plan to implement it in the future though. How often do you make use of it elsewhere? Eg. every once in a while or you always specify a centerpoint before a rotation, or somewhere in between?

I use it lots. Very handy to be able to spin a model around a specific point ( or line). Helps a lot with selecting entities, and viewing your models from a specific direction.

1 Like

The new version now allows the buttons to work, which is nice. However, it broke the other controls so that literally no movement is working.
I have the Spacemouse wireless noted above.

App Version: 5.240.4221.0 #b3f918d6

Can you elaborate on what you experience? We received a SpaceMouse wireless from 3dconnexion, I just tried the same version but navigation seemed to work for me.
Under some circumstances the settings stored by the 3dxware driver can become “corrupt”, for which a fix is in the queue, but until then I posted a workaround here. Can you please check if you have more then one configuration file name containing “Shapr” and if so, following the workaround makes any difference?

I assigned “Shift” to right mouse button. it now works.
Moving the Spacemouse joystick results in no movement. Works fine in Spacemouse Viewer.

I tried the workaround, it did not help.

Here are the files I have:

1 Like

Thanks for your quick response. Could you please send me the files “Shapr3D.xml” and “Shapr3D-KMJ.xml”? Maybe that would get us closer to reproduce the issue locally.

I cannot upload them here, says file type not authorized. Do you have an email I could send them to?

Hi! Please send it to us in a support ticket using this link:
https://support.shapr3d.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Got it, thanks!