💸💸💸 Summer SALE! 💸💸💸

Thanks Istvan,

I will retry again and see whether it works,

Cheers, Paul

1 Like

I have enjoyed using your app for the past month or so to see how it works. It has even motivated me to get an apple pencil. I love the idea of having an iPad Pro no network needed app but as a casual non professional I have a hard time swallowing such steep price even with the discount.

I have been trying your app and onShape which has a more liberal policy for casual users but requires network access to work. While subscription based apps has become the norm for professional services, most consumer level apps are 1 time purchase for iPad.

Please consider a casual user plan which is more in line with your competitors.

Thanks

What do you mean by “more in line with your competitors”? Onshape is 1200/yr, Fusion 360 is $300/yr. Shapr is $100/yr.

OnShape is Free for up to 10 designs and 100gb with no restrestriction on resoluion of the export.

3D printing is a hobby for many which at some point might become a source of income but until then most hobby are not willing to pay $30/year for a tool when so many are free.

Auto desk fusion 360 is also free for non professionals"Free for students, enthusiasts, hobbyists, and startups", freecad, blender, openscad, tinkercad and more. These tools unfortunately do not run on my iPad hence the search for an app like yours. I am willing to support the developers of an app I find of value but not $100 or even $30/year… Sorry but since the 3D printing /maker fair advent your market has become more competitive.

You can use Shapr3D for free if you are into 3D printing and I think Istvan mentioned something like “an option to buy more workspaces” in the future. Therefore I think this tool is by far the best you can find for the iPad Pro.

$99 per year is a great value for the pro version and $8.25 per month is almost nothing :wink:

I have to agree a little bit with the comments, being disabled I only needed a really easy to use the app for the occasional 3D job and printout. I can buy Procreate for a very reasonable $14 or so and that is the only cost. I would like to support the author but a disability pension does not allow me to spend the $140 AU a year… A once only fee for a bloke with demonstrable disabilities and really just using the app infrequently would be nice…

Do you run this sale each summer? I missed it this time. I’m a new iPad user.

Since we released Shapr only 5 months ago, we don’t :slight_smile:

But you haven’t missed it, it is still $99 for a year. Actually the sale was so successful that we are considering to keep this price point. More info on this will come in a few days. We will have to discuss it internally.

Cool! Just snapped it up.

1 Like

I enjoy the software a lot, actually one of the few I use.
But still I’m a desktop / notebook guy. I would buy it the App for 99€ - just wondering if there is another sale coming up - not urgent.

Thank you!

Hi Harald! No, unfortunately this was 3 years ago and we don’t plan to do it again.

Just would like to second the request for some more usable free option. The current free option is nice for a try out. But for a regular task like make an image of something, design, export in high res and print it, it doesn’t work.

As a non-profit hobbyists I still require tools which allows me to do things well. But paying $240 to design maybe 12 items/year is very expensive.

Please consider adding following items to the free option:

• Image import/export
  • high-res STL export

You’re already offering a PRO version to any education facility, why not extend this option to the non-profit maker scene which makes this tools popular?

Why would we do that?

Obviously to get more people hooked up. I’m just giving you my experience from the customer perspective.

Right now I’m using Fusion360 on my Mac (free version). It took me almost a year to get into it and the only reason I kept learning and using this program is because it’s for free. Otherwise it’s hard to justify the price tag for a hobby. If I start selling the stuff I’m doing, I will obviously get the F360 license because I know already how it works and it’s cost efficient for me.

Now similar thing is happening now with my iPad. I’m looking for options doing small 3D objects on my iPad. A subscription based model is just not the right thing for my current situation.

The reason you’re offering it for free in education sector is clear. Why not put more people in the same boat and get more potential enterprise license payer in the long run?