Supported import formats

Hey, I’m new to Shapr3D. I wanted to go to the source for models for furniture and appliances, such as Herman Miller and Blomberg. I know Shapr isn’t tailored to architecture or interior design, but I was surprised to find that Shapr3D couldn’t import any of the file formats. (Revit, SketchUp, AutoCAD 3D, 3DS, DWG, DXF, GSM, OBJ). Any workarounds, or plans for additional file formats?

Thanks
–Loren

I would suggest an option to import an IFC file would be good to start with, which is a common interoperablity file for exchange between 3D modeling software in construction (Structural, MEP, Civil and Architectural). Even if IFC or DWG or Sketchup files can be imported as a reference object and not as native objetcs will be good enough.

1 Like

Hi - yes, we don’t yet import any of those formats. However, we have a version going out in the next few weeks that will have STL import as a PRO feature. The Beta has already been sent out, if you want I can send you an invite as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! You’re right, I don’t need to edit these objects, I just need them as references. Unfortunately, my only options are what the various vendors supply. Herman Miller for instance only offers AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Revit. Blomberg offered a few more, but nothing that Shapr3D currently supports.

Thanks Daniel! I’d love an invite to the Beta as I’m eager to learn about new features, but I don’t think this will solve the challenge of importing models from vendors. I can search the communities for 3rd party models, but after a couple quick searches, it’s not looking promising. Any other tips are appreciated.

You are welcome Loren. You can convert your Revit, Sketchup and Autocad models to STL and import them in beta version of Shapr 3D to test and give feedback. I think this should help.

Great to have STL import.

3 Likes