Surface area values on iPad

Hi Shapr3D team,

I’ve been using your CAD platform on my iPad, to create models for my projects at university. When I first started using Shapr3D, there would be an area value at the bottom of my screen when i selected a face. Recently I’ve needed these area ues to calculate some things but i noticed they are no longer there and I can’t find a setting to show them. Have they been removed over the years of updates? Or is it a feature unavailable to the education license?

I have the same question. I know when you selected a face or body Shapr3D used to display surface area and volume at the bottom of the screen, but now that seems to be missing! I often need to know volume of objects for casting purposes, and this time I needed a surface area measurement for a heat transfer calculation. Did this feature just get moved or hidden, or was the functionality actually removed from the app? If so, please bring it back quickly!

1 Like

Just use measure tool for that.

4 Likes

Thanks, that works great. I don’t know why I didn’t think to check there. The surface area and volume measurements no longer show up at the bottom along with the other useful ones that pop up (such as parallel distance), and it would be nice if the Shapr3D team could add those two things back.

1 Like

Yeah, I noticed that areas don’t appear at the bottom anymore, but the Measure tool works fine.

Thank you! i wonder why I didn’t try that but I assumed measure would be used for distances between 2 points etc.