Thank you

Firstly, I would like to thank you for Shapr3D and for your continued development of it. The history feature just saved my life.

I am in the habit of “tidying up” sketches used in the creation of objects. With the new version of the app this is highly dangerous because deletion of a sketch - in whole or only in part - can result in the total deletion of an entire object that you might have spent days or weeks crafting.

Please add a warning or change this workflow to avoid this kind of wholly unintentional and incidental deletion of objects.

1 Like

Suggest you change your workflow and put your sketches into a folder, then hide the folder to “tidy up.” Also, before you close your project, undo is your friend…

The object might be hidden and the deletion effectively invisible before closing the project, meaning your undo suggestion is of limited use. The new history feature is a life-saver, but it should be impossible to have such a destructive side effect without informing the user.

I am terrified of deleting or even modifying sketches now, meaning my projects will get larger and larger over time as sketches accrete; it is even affecting my workflow to the extent that I will duplicate sketches to avoid touching existing sketches that might have side effects on objects. There has to be a better way.