Unable to edit project after Big Sur

macOS 11.2.2
Shapr3D Version 3.60.1 (930)

After upgrading my MacBook to Big Sur, the app freezes after opening the project, there is no grid and I can not move or do anything on the project. It is happening to most of my projects. When I tried to exported to iPad it says the project is damaged.

You can find all the screenshots and the damaged shapr file in the drive folder below. By the way, the app is running smoothly with any lag. I have no idea why the screen recording looks so laggy.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1T7hdQ9-wlnGeRaueyjC3qP1X8FgflX1F?usp=sharing

Hi!

Just to clarify the issue:

• You had a previous version of the app, and created these designs there right? (since this app version is big sur only, the previous ones supported Catalina)
  • Did you update the OS, or the app first? (it would help me reproduce the issue)
  • What is your device model you are using? An “About This Mac” screenshot would help a lot.
  • I downloaded your file, and opened it without an issue. If you try to import the file you uploaded to the gdrive, do you still have the problem?

Thanks!

Thanks for the help!

• You had a previous version of the app, and created these designs there right? (since this app version is big sur only, the previous ones supported Catalina)

Yes. I believe my previous environment was 3.57.0 running on Catalina (can’t remember the specific version)

• Did you update the OS, or the app first? (it would help me reproduce the issue)

I received a notification for the latest shapr3D version when I last opened it. I downloaded and open the 3.60 version, got another notification says that it only runs on Big Sur. I updated the OS then the problem appears.

• What is your device model you are using? An “About This Mac” screenshot would help a lot.

• I downloaded your file, and opened it without an issue. If you try to import the file you uploaded to the gdrive, do you still have the problem?

Yes, I have tried that. No luck. I added another video in the Gdrive folder (Opening damaged shapr3d file.mov).

1 Like

Thanks, we will look into that!

We have made several changes with the workspace management, as well as the shapr format itself, so the problem might be that you have missed several versions in between.

I’ll get back to you with our findings.

We will have a new version rolling out from monday morning, please try that once it’s available and let us know if the issue still persists.

1 Like

I just tried version 4.0.0 and the problem persists.

Sent you a PM :wink: