What are the parameters for exporting files

What are the parameters when I need to export a part from a main file with multiple pieces and folders. Do I need to delete all unwanted files first, in order to keep from copying the unwanted as well.

The main file has 1195 bodies in it, it takes a while to open up. I have been trying to divide the file into smaller files, but the hidden files seams to follow with the visible files.

Hello @Past1320, exporting options usually depend on the software you export from. In some software you export only the bodies which are selected when you hit export, other software has an export selected option where you can select what exactly you would like to export.
What is the software you export from?

I’m just trying to create a smaller file in Shapr3D it self, I am trying to make sure only the files I have visible will export.

Oh, I get it. You do not need to delete anything for filtered export, it is enough to hide the unwanted items. When exporting from Shapr3D there will be an option for Include Hidden Items. If the toggle is turned off, just the shown models will be exported.

Reviving this thread.

I’m trying to export a single body in SHAPR format, but when I import in to a new drawing, I get everything that was hidden when I performed the export. This doesn’t seem like correct behavior.

(IPad version)

Hi!

Unfortunately the shapr format doesn’t have the “Include hidden bodies” toggle option, but x_t does. Since x_t is a native parasolid format, I suggest using that one for now, you will be able to import it back to any of your designs.

Thanks for the response. I actually tried that path myself just after writing my post. I had been concerned that some of the direct editing would be lost, but everything seems fine.

1 Like

We’ve added the issue to our future improvements plans, no promises about the timeline, but we are planning to making it available for shapr format.

No, x_t is fully native in Shapr3D. There is literally no difference between a geometry imported in x_t and one created in Shapr3D. (Unless of course it was created in a non Parasolid based CAD system and converted to x_t)

Thank you. That’s great to know. So it looks like the issue is missing customer understanding (is that down to me, or is there something you could do to make this clearer?).

It also makes me realize I could potentially incorporate Shapr3D in to my work. I have opto-mechanical engineers in my team who use NX (as do the MEs in other teams). I don’t use NX, but if they export as IGES txt parasolid format, I could review and tinker in Shapr3D.

2 Likes

Yes, NX is also running on Parasolid, so we are fully compatible. If you are familiar with synchronous modeling in NX, then our direct modeling approach will be quite familiar to you.