Why is my extrusion sliced into pieces?

Wow, I never realized there was a temporary suggestion bar on the left while I was selecting. With my eyes focused on, well, selecting, I didn’t realize. After your later suggestion, the top screen message was the first cue I saw about what I was selecting, but taking my pen there to change alternatives would make the message disappear. Frustrating since I tried going there a few times. Only later I realized also about the “surprise” temporary side bar message that also only appears while selecting and disappears as soon as you take Stylus away from screen to try to chase it. It made me understand the importance of left hand finger use as well with Shapr3D. :slight_smile: A little tricky for me. Thank you very much for helping me out and showing this new way of selecting exactly what you want to select. I’m still puzzled on why the methodology I had been using for months would most of the time create full bodies, but sometimes, as currently, and unexpectedly create a fully sliced group of dozens of sliced bodies. I will start using this other methodology. It’s also easier and faster than select one face after the other. Also it makes me want to scan the screen every time I am doing something, since other related suggestions may be prompted during an action.

1 Like

Excuse me, different file, similar situation. Why isn’t the “bodies only” option showing while selecting? How can I select the bodies only to extrude?

Because you are in sketching mode. In sketching mode there are different filters as you can select different type of objects.

1 Like