Window State Restauration

This is just pathetic whining on my part and nothing substantial. BUT… it really makes me bonkers that the window on macOS doesn’t remember the width of its sidebar. Every time I open the app, I have to adjust it again. :see_no_evil:

So, this is more addressed to the team of Shapr. // @Istvan

3 Likes

Noted :slight_smile: We will look into it.

So, this request is now one and a half years old. But the problem still exists. I can well imagine that it seems more marginal from the point of view of important functions, but it bothers me massively that I have to adjust everything by hand after every start of Shapr3D. In addition, all folders are always collapsed after every start. That shouldn’t be the case either.

“Thank you for your cooperation” ™

Cheers,
Frank

Nothing new on this topic, @Istvan?

Hi @woodbytes , I understand that you don’t like this behavior. We keep improving our UI, but we don’t have this improvement on our short term roadmap. However, this part of the interface will be significantly improved soon in other ways.

1 Like

Okay, thanks for the feedback.

Nearly a year since my initial post is over. Unfortunately I can’t see any “significant improvements” on this part of the UI. So I would like to ask again, what are the plans of Shapr3D to improve this macOS standard behavior?

Besides this: A common behavior on macOS for collapsed groups is when clicking it with pressed option key that the entire tree will be expanded/collapsed. Which is VERY convenient!

Having a complex project structure with multiple nested folders can become quite elaborate to find the desired body deep down the tree when I have to expand every single folder.

So, my wishes:

• complete window state restauration
  • option click on a folder will collapse/expand the entire tree of this folder