Thank you I will dive in…

-Ability to organize designs into folders
-ability to emboss text in curved surfaces
-timelapse individual projects similar to procreate

1 Like

Hi @Justinwasnot Welcome to the Forum
Files for S3D can easily be organised by using the iOS-iPadOS Files.app

Text can be placed on or in Curved Surfaces using Tools > Project
Use the Search facility at the top right of every Forum Page to find several solutions.

Timelapse, your entry in this Thread appears to be the only one.

There are a few for Time lapse revealed in Search.

Happy S3Ding

Not the files. The actual designs when you go to your designs tab. I would like to be able to organize that into different folders or categories.

@Justinwasnot
Organisation within the Designs Thumbnails/Tab is not possible at present.

Please see:

https://discourse.shapr3d.com/t/folders-for-desgins/8858

I believe including the option to export locked dimensions in the “image export” interface would be useful.

At the moment the only time you can get persistently marked dimensions is when you have drawn a sketch on a sketch plane and then selected a dimension marking and locked it within the distance edit dialogue.

But when attempting to export a drawing as an image, these locked dimension lines and values are not displayed.

I believe that including a similar button toggle next to the grid or background buttons that currently exist is the appropriate place to include this feature.

Being able to scribble/write notes with the pen would be handy. Handwritten in collapsible little windows. Quick and easy to use

1 Like

WE REALLY NEED a measurement tool for angles, area, length width, radius etc with visible/hidable dashed lines + labels to export to drawings for illustrating key information to other teams/people.

A measurement tool with reference lines that don’t have to be snipped away or interfere with the drawing.

I don’t do CAD for a living but have had to learn to use it in my work of 16 years prototyping/designing for an electronics company.

Take a note from Alibre on their measurement tool. It works well.

I am used to Alibre Products which are easy to use and learn. I own Alibre Atom for my hobby and personal dev aspirations but would like to replace it entirely with Shapr3D. Alibre has no pen support whatsoever, no roadmap to using this intuitive method of drawing things to life, and are too smug to think it of any use. THEY ARE WRONG! I am 50% artist 50% engineer and I willing to buy a $1400 iPad that I really can’t afford just for this 1 program.

You guys at Shapr should consider what you could do in the VR arena! Have a look at Gravity Sketch! Still in it’s infancy, but still pretty Amazing!

1 Like

Hey @Oregonerd,

What else would you like to see than the measurements in the bottom?

@Istvan Take a look at the measure tools in Autodesk Inventor.

It would be really cool if there were addons for industry specific tools. Jewelry / construction / etc

Can’t afford Autodesk. I generally avoid them for that reason. They bought Eagle CAD and turned it to subscription which PISSED ME OFF! I hate subscriptions! Soon all of life/everything will be subscription.

Similar your line tool, for point to point measure, segmented, first line segment: distance from point to point (drop down menu for angle to x, y , z axis?) , next clicked segment: distance, total distance (both segments) and angle between first segment. things like that. Make it hideable but persistent.

What if you could place a plane in a solid and capture a cross section to a sketch where it intersects the object.

1 Like

Extrude to next surface: extruding body 1 is subtracted at the surface of body 2.

Also a copyright?
/ intellectual property notice of creator in shared sketches and parts?

A cursor related coordinate box attached to cursor position, i.e. a “tape measurer” feature.

Istvan, measures at bottom is one thing and a “tape measure” feature with an attached to cursor box is what most would think is a nice feature. Imagine it and you figure the benefit.

I agree, a tape measure feature would be great!

If you implement a tape measure (which would be useful) don’t do it like Google Earth where they put a fixed point on screen to which you have to move the start point. When you get to the end point, you know the dimension but the start is off screen so a screen shot is not possible. So you have to go back and forth with scale to obtain a good result. Frustrating!

Best,

Tommy

Here’s a quick list of everything I wish for in shapr3D:

• toggle visible dimensions
  • text
  • note taking
  • better 2d drawing and shape tools (like vector app) better way to draw triangles
  • nudge tool (set to grid?)
  • Move tool not centered in object when zoomed in ( maybe option to decouple controls from the object itself)
  • physics / collisions / simulation
  • record/animate (records screen with options to hide interface and cursor)
  • ability to use simple textures in place of colors (like wood grain, glass, concrete, etc)
  • more advanced color picking tool in general
  • better selection tool (loop selection like uMake?)
  • shortcut tool for chamfering and rounding edges (selecting individual edges is a pain)
  • toggle transparent view
  • toggle exploded view
  • all tutorials and seminars available in tips window (as in the intro tuts)
  • file/project metadata
  • blueprint, 2d drawing, engineering drawing generation.
  • use subtract tool without duplicating object or removing. (Is this a bug?)
  • modifier buttons or gestures (good for toggling between selection types, move or extrude, etc)
  • more in depth and advanced preferences for app behavior and interface
  • simple tools for generating common shapes/forms like threads
  • asset library for imported models (would be great for including hardware in designs from McMaster)
  • tolerance adjustment tool (like in auto cad)
  • workflow specific modes with easy object generation (e.g. architectural mode where you can create stud walls and move and resize them easily)
  • 3rd party plugins (could be a way to solve many of the above issues, especially for custom workflows)
2 Likes