iPad - 4.0 - 2D drawings are finally here!

We certainly did not abandon Drawings. You can expect a lot of improvements later this year. Visualization is not competing for any other development resources, that team is highly specialized on real time rendering, and even if we wanted to we could not allocate that team on Drawings. It’d be like sending professional marathon runners to a sabre fencing competition. We removed the buttons because it turned out that it’ll take us more time then we thought to deliver those features.

2 Likes

I understand, thank you for clarifying.
I don’t mean my response in any negative way, it’s just how things seem from my perspective at the moment.

If there is any testing going on with drawings I’d be happy to help.

There is a lot more we should improve in Drawings. It’s a huge feature and we plan to invest in it a lot.

3 Likes

A few questions:

1/ How do you toggle all the measurements to appear. Doens’t seem obvious.

2/ How do you delete a drawing? I tested creating one, very cool. I went to remove it….doesn’t seem to be an option.

Right now I’m stuck using SketchUp for dimensional drawings like this. When you say that 3d dimensioning in on the roadmap, can I assume you mean something like this?

[Had to delete first image as I am only allowed to post one image per post I guess]

I’d really like to get away from my SketchUp subscription if possible, but I need to keep using it until I can get (or do a workaround) simple dimensions like such.

To give a little better idea of what I am hoping for -

I understand that you are missing features from Drawings. The team that is working on Visualization is different team. Currently the teams who could be working on Drawings are working on features that you requested, like non-uniform scaling, patterns, sketching improvements, construction sketches, and many more. They’ll return to Drawings later this year.

3 Likes

Just seen this today on our Slack :slight_smile: