macOS version

Agreed.

We are much more ambitious than that, we want to be that company that defines the industry for the next 30-40 years.

5 Likes

Thank you. I’ll sleep better knowing that. :wink:
As far as I can see you are way ahead of the crowd, so it’s a probable outcome if you go on developing and make good choices as you have done so far!

1 Like

Yes. We are very actively working on it, actually we plan to release it together with the 1.0 version of the mac app.

1 Like

I would like to ask if the Mac version of Shapr3D will be compatible only with Silicon M1 processors or older Intel Macs too? I am already using your application on iPad Pro but it would be great if I could use it on my 2017 iMac with Intel processor and Blacmagic eGPU too.
Thank you in advance for response.

Of course! Here are the minimum system requirements:

Recommended

Intel

At this point for an enjoyable experience a dedicated GPU is pretty much a must to have.

Based on slightly upped configurations of MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017) and iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)

CPU 3.4GHz quad‑core Intel Core i5 (desktop)

2.8GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 (laptop)
RAM 16GB
GPU Dedicated GPU with 4GB VRAM

Apple Silicon

Any current M1 equipped Mac (MacBook Air, MacBook Pro 13”, Mac Mini) will provide a better experience than on Intel, on par or better than iPad Pro 2020.

The site mentions Shapr3D will be available in November for MacOS… I’m not seeing anything available currently. Am I missing how to install on MacOS (macbook pro), or is the launch delayed?

Hey Connor,

good timing :slight_smile: It will become available today.

We’ve also opened up the forum category related to macOS in preparation. If you have any feedback, please let us know!!

Very cool!! Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

It’s ergonomic as reduces main arm effort approx 30%, keyboard shortcuts as well.

1 Like

Same subscription works with both.

Hi @RonCromberge, sync is coming soon, although not over iCloud.

Hi! Tested the MacOS beta for 1 hour. Then I bought it for a year. Already in beta version it look and feels more Mac then the ones ending in trash can. Thank you for doing this. Long awaited :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:pray::pray::pray:

And in 3 months it’s gonna be amazing. :slight_smile:

where do you get the beta version

Hey - sign up here: https://www.shapr3d.com/mac-os, and we will send you the next steps

Hi Lost pre-view of design files under home with version 4.11, in addition certain files will not open, open s and then closes again. Running latest MacOS on M1 Pro 13". Help appreciated, thanks

PMd you :slight_smile: