SVG file exports for Shaper Origin

heres how i do it but it requires a subscription to shaper studio.
create a 1:1 drawing of sketch and use the face that you want, export that as dxf and open that dxf file in shaper studio to then “create shape”
its a very clunky method but works pretty well.

i made a tik tok on how i do it, however since im a new user it wont let me upload it, so heres the link

This isuue has caused me to just design in fusion 360, it is such a pain to do al these extra steps just to get a clean file with all connected lines and correct colour codes. i would much prefer to be able to just export straight from Shaper3d to my ShaperOrigin just like in fusion but on a much better UI/UX especially for me as an enthusiast/hobbyist. i absolutely love Shaper3d but this missed opportunity is a pain. And it seems like an easy issue to solve seeing what the Shaper3d team is capable of.

Hi All, a bit useless at starting new threads etc so hopefully this will work.
Into 2024 now and I use both shapr3d and shaper origin. I’ve tried using various export methods form shapr to my origin hub and found that only the svg files show up and work, HOWEVER!? Every time I go to the origin tool the drawing has re sized?
For instance, today I drew a simple drawing (sketch) for a pivot hinge, measured approx 70mm x 10mm. When I checked the imported drawing in origin, directly on the tool screen, just checked it against the grid lines, it had grown to 90mm?
Please help…. What am I doing wrong, what is it doing?
Thanks so much.

Not just Shaper3d. Other applications like Inkscape have the same issue. It has to do with the default export DPI setting.

Shaper3d will export with a DPI of 96 by default. Shaper Origin expects 72.

There is an article in Shaper help that begins:

SVG Export from Shapr3D

To export your files from Shapr3D for Origin, you can use the SVG export direct export available in the full version.

To do this, go to “Share”, then to “Export” and then to “Export Design”. There you will find the format “SVG” under “Sketches”. Give your file a unique name under which you want to export it.

Important: Adjust the DPI here to 72. Otherwise the scaling of your file will not match your design.

1 Like

That’s a great help, will try that now. Thank you.