Technical drawing

UPDATE: drawings are finally here: 4.0 - 2D drawings + new pricing

it is possible to create a technical drawing of the 3D model In Shapr3D

@Papa_Schlumpf
The Sketch used to create a Body or Bodies is the basis for such a drawing:

Is the above what you are looking for?

1 Like

This is our top priority right now, and we are working on it already.

3 Likes

Keep up the good work Istvan :smiley: Shapr3d is only getting better and better :slight_smile: Technical drawings would be one of the things that will take this to the next level.

Is is also feasible with a way to render with materials instead of/addition to vertex colors ?

Thank you! :slight_smile:

That’s not planned for the next 3 months.

Not directly I am looking for a function where the drawing can be dimensioned correctly with different sectional views

@Papa_Schlumpf
Current Section View does not provide sufficient detail:

@Istvan

With the promised Technical Drawing Feature is there any possibility of improving the Section View output?
In the above ScreenShot it is anticipated that the individual Boards comprising the Crate Body would show as separate Cross Sections.

1 Like

Hi
I know you are working on it but is it possible to get an ETA on the “technical drawing”?
And also very briefly what to expect from it. Will it be something similar to FreeCAD TechDraw Workbench?

Thank you for creating Shaper3D, its life changing :mango::palm_tree:

1 Like

You can expect a full featured drawing functionality :slight_smile: we are progressing pretty good with it, I hope that we can have a beta by the end of this year and release it next year.

5 Likes

Any news on the Technical Drawing Feature?

In beta testing. Will be released very soon :wink:

2 Likes

Any chance of a screenshot sneak peek so we can drool and dream? Please and thank you. :grinning:

Thank you for the follow up Looking forward to the new feature.

1 Like

:wink: Drawings | Shapr3D

3 Likes

Thanks @Istvan ! I was right. After seeing the video clip in the heading… :drooling_face:

Can
Not
Wait!! :smiley:

1 Like

UPDATE: drawings are finally here: 4.0 - 2D drawings + new pricing