Any feature ideas?

I would love a simple emboss/Deboss tool. I have driven myself crazy trying to import files from shapr to fusion 360 just so I can wrap deboss images/ sketches around a jewellery ring. I use shapr3d for everything else but need to extrude to a specific depth on rings so I can enamel them. Please tell me it’s coming soon!!!

1 Like

About the only thing left that I need is that sheet metal tool.

Design folders and folders within sketch planes would make life easier.

With all the latest updates, shapr3d is all that I use to design for plasma cutting.

2 Likes

Agreed. Sheet metal function/converting solid to sheet metal would be great.
I’ve been having more and more things laser cut, but would like to be able to account for bends in material and assembled patterns.

2 Likes

I have not used this feature on other software so I don’t know how it works, I imagine making a body, draw lines for seams and select edges to be bent and thickness of material for something like a box.
But will also need the function to do the same with a cone or megaphone like shape that would be rolled with a slip roll.

Say, years down the road, is there any possibility of an image trace like tool, or a G-code post processor?

Add existing design into current without export-import, just insert …

Thank you

1 Like

Is it possible to have an option for the dimensions bubble to appear to the right of the pen tip instead of the left? I always seems to have to twist my hand to see how much I have moved or drawn something.

Not sure if I am experiencing a somewhat similar problem with the cut/subtract (extruding)?

I wish to pull the sketch up to subtract a slot from the arc extrude by 1mm, then repeat this “below” the sketch to do the same, thus having a 2mm slot that is in the exact middle of the arc (as if I’d used a ‘from mid-plane’ cut of 2mm…. feature request perhaps?).

It allows me do it on top, ( by default it correctly sets extrude command to subtract) but it will not do it below. Even if I try the other options of ‘new body’ etc (which I know wouldn’t give me the result I want) nothing happens.

The even stranger part is that you can see it does carry out the desired subtract on the other arc body behind the one I’m working on?

Hope the video helps. Thanks in advance.

Just hide the sketch temporarily. Then proceed with the extrude.

Hi @TigerMike,

Thanks for suggestion.

I am subtracting from the outer bodies, not extruding a new body - so if I hide the sketch then I have nothing to ‘extrude’ cut down into the bodies.

In my opinion some features, such as subtract, really needs an overhaul. I most often end up using intersect and delete, so there is a reason I do that.

1 Like

In this case I use replace face but it would be super cool to see a tolerance option window there, to pre-set applicable tolerance on part before Done. Let’s say on the “blue”(face to replace)surface, not “red” target surface.

I wish we could see a show/hide sketch option window near highlighted sketch item instead of “travelling out west” for items.

Onshape use is two-finger tap for option menu.

Export or copy/paste groups of objects from file to file would be useful rather than exporting the whole drawing.

Also, being able to re-edit the revolve/extrude on (for example) a spiral string once it’s been committed.

Also, an editable table of (overall) object dimensions to easily reshape solids when the faces are not easily accessible.

A feature that has been requested here many years ago has still not been addressed.

The arc tool has limited functionality to me as implemented here. True, it looks good on the tutorials, where a flourish produces a perfect looking arc, but freehand arcs seldom suit my purpose. Often the arcs I need are constrained by start angle, end angle, center point, tangent, or radius.

My workaround is usually to draw a circle, then trim away all the excess arcs. Is this the expected workflow, or am I missing something?

Also, while I’m here, I’d like to know about the possibility of hiding everything except a component I’m working on, or group of components. I know its possible to hide/ unhide through the use of folders, I suppose I’m asking would it be possible to turn that process on its head, and to have the option to hide/unhide everything else based on selected items.

Thank you.

Able to reduce the opacity of objects or groups of objects in a folder.
Currently this can only be don in the color menu which can take lots of effort if it many items.
The ability with a slider to adjust it up and down or everything to 50% means being able to work in areas hidden by other objects without having to adjust every item. Also would be very easy to show internal items or everything solid quickly and easily with image captures

Sweep along 2 rails would be an awesome feature.

I know it’s been said 100 times but a way to organize projects. It’s getting annoying to have to comb through the random order that is the projects tab.

The ability to have different sketches on same plane. I have to delete my sketches on the the top/front/sides in or move to another plane to not have them group together with other sketches.

The ability to organize in colors possibly so you can select all of one color at a time whether sketches/bodies/whatever. (This could be a possibility to fix the sketches issue)

Scale along only x, y, z.

The possibility of industry specific tools. As a jeweler a way to effectively plot stones and cut seats and I put dimensions of different cuts of stones would be worth an add on subscription. It takes me hours and hours to plot out stones and prongs which is something I can do on Matrix in a fraction of the time.

4 Likes

Open a cad in “New TAB” :face_with_peeking_eye:
Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 23.56.07

I think create helix curve with pitch not only using how much turn is useful, or just add thread menu.

I’m new here, and just tried to draw a screw. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Any suggestions from anyone? How do you escape the tutorial and get right to work